Wednesday, December 21, 2005

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

funhouse is on vacation for now... things have been a bit chaotic of late, but 'normal' service should be resumed in the new year. I did plan to d.j. last night but was running late and by the time I arrived the decks had been taken away as everyone at the Ascot appeared to think I'd either retired, died or been abducted by aliens...

Hopefully I'll get my shit together over the festive period and the website should be up and running sometime in January. And pink elephants will fly over Dundee dropping xmas gifts. I really have been Mr. Unmotivated of late, too many distractions, too little time but really you can't be bothered with all the details, I know I can't!



Some pleasant distractions on the stereo have included Vashti Bunyan whose Just Another Diamond Day has been on constant rotation followed closely by her second album, this years fantastic Lookaftering. You've probably read tons of stuff about the gap between records (37 years I believe) and its a great story and all but for once do believe the hype... From Vashti I've been dragged in a few different directions starting with the Animal Collective who released the joyous Prospect Hummer e.p. featuring Vashti Bunyan on vocals a wee while back. Their own album Feels is fantastic; an inventive frazzled, dreamy, trippy, joyous affair. It does remind me of early Polyphonic Spree, Mercury Rev and Flaming Lips but twists and turns all over the place stamping its own identity all over your ears. Broken Social Scene's self titled album gets a U.K. release in January and it follows a similar trajectory to Feels. Fine stuff really.


For more information on Vashti Bunyan and Animal Collective visit the Fat Cat label site at
www.fat-cat.co.uk while the Broken Social Scene can be found at www.arts-crafts.ca/

Okay dokey folks, have a good festive season, I'm hoping for a lengthy period of unbroken sleep from Santa. I'll leave you with the playlist for the last set of the year which took place on December 6th.

Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds
Olive -
Barry Adamson & Anita Lane -
These Boots Are Made For Walking
That Petrol Emotion - Big Decision
Woodentops - Well Well Well
Vapors - Turning Japanese
Members - Sound Of The Suburbs
Undertones - My Perfect Cousin
The Beat - Twist & Crawl
Specials - Concrete Jungle
Madness - Shut Up
Charlatans - The Only One I Know
James Taylor Quartet - Theme From Starsky & Hutch
Saint Etienne - Nothing Can Stop Us
Matumbi - Empire Road
Rootsman - Rougher Than A Lion
Tone Loc - Wild Thing
N.W.A. - Fuck Tha Police
Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause
Orbital - The Box
Kid Loco - She's My Lover
New Order - Love Vigilantes
Happy Mondays - 24 Hour Party People
World Domination Enterprises - Asbestos Lead Asbestos
Slits - New Town
P.I.L. - Public Image
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
Ruts - Babylon's Burning
The Jam - Town Called Malice
Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
Them - Mystic Eyes
Chocolate Watchband - Lets Talk About Girls
Adult Net - Incense And Peppermints
Elastica - Waking Up
Vic Godard & The Subway Sect - Holiday Hymn

Chesterfields - Ask Johnny Dee
My Life Story - Girl A, Girl B
Shangri Las - Leader Of The Pack
Burt Bacharach - Walk On By
Treebound Story - Trains, Boats & Planes
Astrid Gilberto - The Girl From Ipanema

2 Comments:

Blogger chrisharolds5087 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

6:33 AM  
Blogger mauricemarks18654926 said...

While you read this, YOU start to BECOME aware of your surroundings, CERTIAN things that you were not aware of such as the temperature of the room, and sounds may make YOU realize you WANT a real college degree.

Call this number now, (413) 208-3069

Get an unexplained feeling of joy, Make it last longer by getting your COLLEGE DEGREE. Just as sure as the sun is coming up tomorrow, these College Degree's come complete with transcripts, and are VERIFIABLE.

You know THAT Corporate America takes advantage of loopholes in the system. ITS now YOUR turn to take advantage of this specific opportunity, Take a second, Get a BETTER FEELING of joy and a better future BY CALLING this number 24 hours a day.
(413) 208-3069

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home